Thursday, August 2, 2007

Siena, day two

Today is the first official day in siena, its amaming! my travel buddy kelsey and i share a room where we have a beautiful balcony, it does not have a view of siena like i had dreamed of, but its a balcony and its shaddy and comfortable so i am very pleased. we did grocery shopping today since we have a kitchen to cook in and mostly to avoid the overabundance of pizza, pasta and bread. what happens when you dont love carbs in a ccity that does? well you either starve or you have to fend for yourself and go out and find some tasty vegetables and fruitsss!
while in the grocery store i searched for like half an hour just for oats, to make oatmeal, i am OBSESSED at this point with finding them because they are a serious comfort food, and here in siena, far from home i need that!
in a little bit we will leave as a group for an unofficial tour of siena with the two leaders of the group and we will see some of the architecture and probably some cool places to go and hangout! i have no pictures to put online today because last night i had planned to edit them, but instead i opened up my book i am currently reading and about three pages later fell asleep on my bed ontop of the covers and a pile of books.
i will hopefully have some pictures and some more to talk about, right now my time is spent mostly finding my way around the town and getting to know the poeple in my group and my roomates! wish me luck!
love stevi

No comments: